:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chinglish 101: Happy Anniversary and The Case For The Slow Flush Toilet

Hi,

Don't tell mom, but I got my ticket to Florida for my surprise Mother's Day visit. Remind me to call Delta though so I can claim my frequent flyer miles. I'm not so good at keeping up with that kinda stuff and for the life of me can't remember the password I used to set up that account 6 years ago and the website said they were gonna send it to the mailing address I used when I got my amex card. I think that was in LA. But like my password, I don't remember. I kept trying to use "ArentIHandsome" but, like my mom, apparently amex doesn't think so either.

Anyway, this morning I woke up to the sounds of La Roux. But before I tell you about how I feel about La Roux, you should be interested to know that right now I've got a different window open where I typed in the URL: hypem.com and the song that just came up is by a band called something that I can't type here because this is a family focussed enterprise so I'll just say it pretty much resembles: "Holy F#@k". You can imagine that I couldn't help but chuckle and thus feel the need to share that pleasurable experience with you.

Anyway, my initial instinct was to think that La Roux was a pile of crap. But soon enough I realized that they were actually a great example of the importance of simplicity of lyric as suggested by some guy named Stephen who apparently does a lot of talking via video in something called Sondheim On Sondheim that I apparently should remember to go see.

And then of course, I started thinking of great examples of things. For instance, piles of crap. As in maybe, just maybe, it's a pile of crap that there's a pile of crap running around Mississippi in the shape of a human who has what I can only assume is a pretty important job as a Democratic Representative for the state of Mississippi who upon returning from a sight seeing tour over the Gulf of Mexico the other day relayed the following words of calm to any constituents who might be a little shaken up by the potential damage to their environment digitally represented in a photo like this:

Or this:

Ot this one, which we'll call, "Daddy, how come there are no fish this year?:

Anyway, according to Mr. Representative Crap Pile, AKA Gene Taylor, we apparently don't really have anything to worry about ...

"What I want people to know is this isn't Katrina. This is not Armageddon. I did this for the Coast Guard many years ago. Yeah, it's bad. And it's terrible that there's a spill out there. But I would remind people that the oil is twenty miles from any marsh. [...]

That chocolate milk looking spill starts breaking up in smaller pieces... It is tending to break up naturally."

Whew. I sure am glad I'm not lactose intolerant.

And speaking of sightseeing tours ... you should really watch The Cruise. You can stream it on netflix but only if you remembered to pay your bill. Also, you don't need to post a comment or send an email, you can just thank me the next time you see me. Or better yet, you could just purchase a copy of the movie via amazon.com by clicking on the convenient link on the bottom right hand margin of this page. That's way down below the listing for a show by a band by the name of Gimme That that is playing what in all likelihood will be at once it's first and last show ever and by clicking on that amazon link box thing and buying The Cruise there you will help me send myself or someone else's kids to college.

Or something.

Now, go outside. It's gonna be winter again before you know it!

Mwah!

M

P.S. I can't believe that's how you spell likelihood!
P.P.S. Actually, I can.
P.P.P.S. I mean really ...
P.P.P.P.P.S. Or so I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment