:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Variety 101: Viva La Imigracion and The Spice Of Life

Hi,

Okay, first of all, there's a guy on the radio talking about something called "earmarks". Apparently these things are a legislative (especially congressional) provision that directs approved funds to be spent on specific projects, or that directs specific exemptions from taxes or mandated fees. Actually there are a bunch of people on the radio talking about earmarks. Right now there's a guy saying "Whoa!!! Hold On!!!! Wait Wait Wait!!!! Before we go on lambasting earmarks, I just wanna say that I work for Big Brother Big Sisters and we get our money through earmarks because that is how our system works! Please don't take away earmarks!!! Please think of the kids!!!" For some reason he had said what I just inaccurately paraphrased right after another guy was saying things like: 'We don't need the Federal Government to build roads and highways and bridges and all earmarks are bad and why do you send you money to Washington for things that should be done by states and local governments and why does the guy inaccurately quoting me right now keep almost misspelling earmarks, "earlmarks"'?

Anyway, Lou Dobbs is gonna set the record straight on earmarks on his radio show today ... right after he translates the cover story of today's El Diario:

Second of all, I don't have a lot of time to tell you about the other things I thought about when I was reading the news over my eggs and sausage and toast that may or may not have been prepared by illegal immigrants because I have some called "A Life". I'd tell you to get one for yourself but if I did, how would you find out about the rehearsal I'm about to go to for the gig I'm playing with Nick Africano at Rockwood Music Hall on Saturday night at 8pm. Or the gig I'm playing with Jeff Litman at Banjo Jim's on Friday night at 10pm. Or the gig I'm playing with the guy who's starring with me in the Re-Debut of The Old Fashioned Ladies Club, next Wednesday, at Rockwood Music Hall on Friday night at midnight. Or that I should drink more water ...

(Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock)

... Mmmm, that's good. Oh and at 11pm tonight, I have a gig with Bryan Dunn at The National Underground too. Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!

Mwah!

M

P.S. Thanks and congratulations to Hieronymus for updating The OFLC logo!

P.P.S. Thanks as well to all the hot moms who've been using the convenient link to amazon.com located in the right hand margin of this site to circuitously visit amazon.com in search of family and friend gift purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment