:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Friday, October 8, 2010

Holy Crap 101: More Popular Than Hey-Zeus!

Hi,

Recently we talked about how famous I'd become since this band that I play in got written about in an electronic offshoot blahhhhhg of the NY Times. Needless to say, a lot of things have been changing for me as a result. Aside from all the "eyes and smiles" I get on the JMZ line, there are now a bunch of journalists in a place that I'm pretty sure does not consider itself part of Europe called Ireland that have been following me around and writing about records that I played bass on. To wit, the rest of this sentence is a link to a digital representation of a review for The Harvest Ministers new album "Strange Love Letter" that was published on the byproduct of trees that have been cut down and pulped and dried by a publication called The Irish Times. Apparently the Irish Times is some small country's equivalent to The NY Times. And for those of you who are too scared to click on links lest you be inundated with letters from all those creditors you thought would just disappear, below is a photographic representation of a different review for the same album. You'll recognize me from the sentence that says "Their studied expertise brings an exciting sheen to Merriman's repertoire".

Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise. Studied expertise.

Has a nice ring to it, huh?

Speaking of studied expertise, I'm listening to this while I type this sentence imagining what color underwear you have on while you read this.

Anyway, here's the other review of the awesome album that Andy Fitzpatrick produced and Mark Marshall played on and I played on:

Speaking of Andy... can you believe he's playing a gig? What? He doesn't even know what a blog is! Holy crap. Welcome to the 23rd and Half Century! And can you believe that Mark Marshall is also playing on the gig? And you'll never guess who's playing bass. Nope. You're wrong! Casey Shea doesn't look good holding a bass. So I am! Can you believe it? Anyway, that gig is on November 15th at some place who's name escapes me.


(ED. Note: Believe me, I know that the black in the logo for The OFLC is not exactly the same as the background black on The OFLC site. And yes, it's driving me freaking crazy!)

Speaking of literally driving while crazy. Click the next sentence. Yeah, this one.

In related news, who told this guy he could sing one of my songs at his show tonight????? Wait. Maybe I am getting famous! Holy crap!

Okay. Clearly I've been productive enough for one day.

Mwah!

M

P.S. Happy Birthday John.
P.P.S. Happy Brithday Terri.

No comments:

Post a Comment