:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Monday, June 28, 2010

Economics 101: Today's Resume Workshop Is Being Held In Room F On The 12.5th Floor and The Case Against Casting Aspersions

Hi,

If you're like me, or wondering what it would feel like to feel like you're like me, you know there's nothing that says "let's get this day started!" like a little Shakira on the radio over here at the cafe that makes me feel like I'm in the pastoral Rockwell-esque Connecticut of my youth but is actually only about 12 blocks from my apartment.


Now the radio is playing some song from a girl that needs about as much press from me as a certain other purveyor of Feminininismism 2.0. Having said that, after such a decidedly un ooh-lah-lah summer line from American Apparel I would like to thank her for saving women's fashion this season.

Oh, and I really do love the way she says "rah-rah-rah".

Oh, and we should also all start kissing her butt for single handedly being interesting enough to save the publishing industry while not eating baby food or being a hermaphrodite.

Anyway, right now my phone is updating to something called OS4. Maybe soon I'll be able to have a complete conversation with my Aunt Vincie but I doubt it. For reasons that have nothing to do with Steve Jobs' limitations in the arena of telecommunication contract negotiation, my mom and I have switched to writing letters in lieu of any potentially uncomfortable verbal communication.

In semi-unrelated news, there's a real bore of a singer who has been raving on and on about the OS4 stuff. You can hear him talk about it between songs tomorrow night at Brooklyn Bowl. I think he goes on at like 2:43 in the morning or something so if you're anything like me you'll wanna make sure you don't smoke a bunch of weed at like 8:30 cuz lord knows you'll be passed out by 9 and then of course you'll miss the whole show. Then again, maybe you wanna miss the show? In that case you should definitely show up at Brooklyn Bowl at 2:43am. You can tell me what you saw on Wednesday. And by the way, according to Mr. Snorefest McShea: "The next two Tuesdays are big ones and will be the last band shows for a little while. Two big shows at two great venues with two great lineups...and both shows are FREE!"

Excuse me? The last band shows for a little while? Who in the hell is making the decisions in this band all of a sudden? Who's gonna be the opening act for Chris Cubetta and The Liars Club?

And speaking of clubs, in further proof of the apparently unending economic peril being experienced in the greatest country in the history of the greatest country to almost make soccer interesting, The Old Fashioned Ladies Club has been receiving a steady stream of resumes from people looking for a job. I'll start posting cover letters and curriculum vitae from some of the stand out applicants here tomorrow so you can help me decide who I should exploit for my own professional gain and personal entertainment.

In related news, according to the emails below, I keep winning a bunch of money. See yah later suckkkkkas!

Email #1:

From: joanaso@unb.br

Subject: Congratulations...(You won £ 500,000.00GBP)

Date: June 12, 2010 3:17:04 AM EDT

To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Reply-To: grahamsbenfield01@msn.com


"You won £ 500,000.00GBP. Contact Mr. Graham Benfield, Email graham.benfield234@googlemail.com"


Email #2:

From: kenny-huynh@sbcglobal.net

Subject: Your Email Id Has Been Awarded 1,000,000.00 GBP In Our British Tobacco Promo, Send Details To Claim Your Prize‏‏‏

Date: June 21, 2010 12:33:16 PM EDT

To: undisclosed recipients: ;


"Names... Country... Occupation... Age... "



Mwah

M

P.S. For some reason, I'm never the focal point of photos at these shows...
P.P.S. ...
P.P.P.S. As you regulars readers know, I have successfully flown on 11 straight flights while carrying either at least one cigarette lighter, an expired driver's license, a Leathermen brand multi use tool complete with at least 2 pretty damn sharp knives and/or all of the above...
P.P.P.P.S. Well, today I learned that apparently I'm not the only one flaunting the system...
P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I have to say, I think this is pretty freaking funny...
P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Speaking of revisionist history: R.I.P.
P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Wha????

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete